Andy Tucker's broad corporate securities practice includes the representation of issuers and underwriters in capital markets transactions, venture capitalists and emerging companies, and private equity funds.
Andy has completed numerous public, private, and cross-border mergers and acquisitions representing financial and strategic buyers, sellers, and controlling stockholders.
Andy has completed public offerings for domestic and foreign clients in a wide variety of industries, including software, online retailing, professional services, consumer products, biotechnology, financial services, manufacturing, and REITs as well as represented clients from China, Latin America and Canada in public and private offerings in the U.S. capital markets.
Andy represents numerous start-up companies in structuring their business, locating capital, and building a strong foundation for the growth of their business. He also represents domestic and foreign venture capitalists and other institutional and individual investors in these companies. Andy regularly represents clients in the Middle East and North America in transactional matters.
Andy has been a panelist on numerous discussions regarding securities laws topics, such as the public offering process and compliance with the mandates of Sarbanes-Oxley as well as the many topics that effect emerging companies including trends in venture capital.
• Securities and Exchange Commission Adopts Large Trader Reporting Rule (September 7, 2011)
• Oil and Gas Companies Should Expect Increased SEC Scrutiny of Operations and Reserves (September 6, 2011)
• SEC Replaces Credit Ratings with New Wide Market Following Test for Shelf Registration Statement Eligibility (September 1, 2011)
• SEC Issues Interpretive Guidance Regarding Liquidity and Capital Resources Disclosures (October 20, 2010)
• SEC Proposes Enhanced Short-Term Borrowing Disclosure Rules (October 20, 2010)
• "Stimulus Bill Opportunities: Solar, Efficiency and Their Convergence" (May 14, 2009)
• National Council of Entrepreneurial Tech Transfer (August 2010)
• Alternative & Renewable Energy Finance Available in Washington, DC (June 17, 2010)
• Angel and Venture Financing (March 25, 2009)
• Federal Cleantech Funding (October 21, 2008)
• The Best Lawyers in America, Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law (2005-2012)